Toff Lights Up Engine Yard this Christmas
We’ve tempted jungle royalty Georgia Toffolo out of London to turn on this year’s Christmas lights at The Engine Yard in support of Hope Against Cancer.
Join in the fun on Wednesday 20th November from 5.00pm – 9.00pm. Lights will be turned on offically at 6.30pm by Georgia. It’s sure to be busy as fans of Made in Chelsea, The Hunted Celebrity Special and I’m a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here flock to see the sizzling starlet.
It also marks the first day of our Christmas Markets and Santa’s Grotto at The Engine Yard. The Fuel Tank will be serving seasonal food, including mince pies and gluwein at our outside kitchen, together with hot dogs and beef burgers.
Enjoy the sounds of a brass band as they play carols throughout the Engine Yard. There is something for everyone and for our younger visitors play ‘Spot Santa’s elf in the shop windows’. It’s bound to be a winning activity to keep those little people busy.
We will also be holding a raffle in aid of Hope Against Charity based in Leicester, which will be one of the Duchess’ chosen charities for 2020.
The Engine Yard will be celebrating the start of the festive season on Wednesday 20th November, free entry for all. GEORGINA TOFFOLO, winner of ‘I’m A CELEBRITY GET ME OUT OF HERE’ will turn on the Christmas lights at 6.30pm and mark the opening of our Santa’s Grotto. It is also the first of three weekend Christmas Fairs to take place at Belvoir’s Engine Yard Village.
- Event starts at 5pm
- Santa’s Grotto will be open from 5 – 8pm
- Golden Button Christmas Market will be open 4 – 9pm
- All Engine Yard shops will be open until 8pm
- Hope Against Cancer will be taking donations and running a raffle on the night to win an Engine Yard Christmas Hamper.
- Raffle winner will be announced at 6:30pm
- Christmas Light Switch On will take place at 6.30pm
- The event will finish at 9pm but you can continue your evening at the Fuel Tank & Balloon Bar
We want you to have an enjoyable visit. To help the event run smoothly please note the following:
- First Aid Point & Comms Office is located outside the Idle Mole for lost children or other concerns
- Please dress appropriately for cold weather
- Please supervise children in the play areas and ensure they are safe by not climbing on the display tractors
- Toilets can be found outside Vale House (Pink house) and next to the Balloon Bar. Additional toilet blocks by Golden Button Christmas Market marquee.
- Disabled toilets are located inside the Fuel Tank
- Well behaved dogs are welcome at The Engine Yard on leads, however for this night only we recommend NOT to bring your dogs.
- Cocktails and tapas will NOT be available in The Balloon Bar for this event
PARKING at The Engine Yard is free, however please be aware that spaces will be very limited due to recent weather conditions. We recommend lift sharing and travelling in groups to this event. Please note that the ground is very muddy in many areas of our car parks, we strongly recommend that you wear wellies or walking boots and take care when walking from your car to The Engine Yard.
Each food zone has a different selection of food and drinks on sale. Please note, Cocktails and tapas will NOT be available in The Balloon Bar for this event.
The Fuel Tank
- Hot drinks
- Baileys Hot Chocolate
- Mulled Wine
- Festive Cakes
- Sausage Rolls
- Bottled Alcohol
- Bratwurst Sausages
- Vegan Bean Chilli
- Beef stew
- A selection of Burgers & Sausages
- Cold Drinks
Marquee – located next to Golden Button Christmas Market
- Hot drinks
- All Alcoholic beverages (Please note – usual cocktails and tapas will not be available for this event)
CHRISTMAS FAIR DATES & TIMES
1) WEDNESDAY 20th Christmas Lights, Santa’s Grotto opening & Christmas Fair Opens 17:00-21:00
2) Golden Button Christmas Fair: 20th – 24th November. This event has quality gifts, clothes and food.
3) Golden Button Countryside Christmas Fair: 29th November – 1st December offering a fantastic choice of stalls ideal for items in country pursuits, horses and dogs.
4) Golden Button Festive Food & Drinks Fair: 6th – 8th December being artisan food, delicatessen and pastries